Friday, August 6, 2010

Fredrik Ericsson Dies in a Fall on K2





by randosteve August 6th, 2010

I am sad to report that Swedish ski mountaineer Fredrik Ericsson has died on K2. Fredrik, who was trying to ski K2, was with female Austrian mountaineer Gerlinde Kaltenbrunner and on a summit bid when Fredrick, for unknown reasons, fell 1,000 meters and was killed.

This is very sad to read as I’ve been following this expedition from the beginning. I was just checking out Fredrik’s website this morning becasue I knew they were making a second attempt at the summit after an aborted mission about a week ago. K2 continues to be killer, and on a previous attempt last year to ski the peak, Fredrik’s partner Michele Fait was killed in a fall as well. Makes you really think about your goals and objectives…and where to draw the line. Rest in peace Fredrik. I will miss reading about your adventures and enthusiasm for skiing.

R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment